Re: Physics of optics

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 08/18/05-06:31:46 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Kleider" <bkleider@sihope.com>
To: "alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca"
<alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 6:31 AM
Subject: Physics of optics

> Anyone on the list have experience teaching the physics of
> optics to
> high school students?
>
> I'm looking for some fun activities I can use to show the
> properties of
> lenses.
>
> Obviously, there's the pinhole camera....
>
> And I've got money to buy up a bunch of junkers we can
> take apart...
>
> Other ideas - either specific activities or of places I
> might investigate?
>
> Barry Kleider

   Surplus Shed http://www.surplusshed.com has a book
originally published by Edmund's some years ago. It is
probably just what you want. It shows many experiments that
show optical principles using simple lenses and explains
some optical theory in an understandable way. Item No:
M2291
Price: $14.95

---
Richard Knoppow