Re: Gum print formaline

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 02/03/05-04:36:12 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> If I had time, I would run some tests with pigment in the gelatin at
> different glyoxal concentrations and see at what concentration the
> gelatin is hardened to the point it can't be removed with hot water, but
> unfortunately I don't.

Of course there's no way of telling how this measure of gelatin
hardening would correlate with actual gum printing practice anyway. But
at the same time, it would be much more difficult to measure the amount
of hardening by staining or not staining, since there is so much
variability in staining depending on individual practice, that is
completely unrelated to the type of hardener.
kt