Re: Gum print formaline

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/03/05-04:36:47 PM Z

Another thing I didn't like about gesso was that it contained titanium
white pigment. It gets excited when UV shines on it, and makes
radicals in the polymers. This was the reason old RC papers cracked in
the plastic layer. New RC products incorporate antioxidants related or
similar to BHA, BHT, propyl gallate, t-butylhydroquinone, etc. to
solve this problem. But I'm not sure if this is an issue if I mix
gesso in my size. I found a clear colorless gesso but decided to go
with Rhoplex AC-35 because there is nothing gritty in it. I also blend
AC-33 in emulsion as well.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"People seldom do what they believe in.  They do what is convenient,