RE: Removing Cyanotype Solution from a Stouffer Wedge

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 02/23/05-02:18:45 AM Z

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Robert W. Schramm wrote:

> Try an alkali. Soak in sodium bicarbonate solution. If vthat doesn't work.
> try something stronger.

There are probably a number of cyanotype bleaches in the kitchen or
laundry-- ammonia, sodium carbonate, and /or borax. But after it bleaches
you probably need to really wash it well -- otherwise I've seen the stain
reappear. On the 3rd hand... what is the black in the Stouffer 21-step
made of? I dimly recall reading somewhere that it's NOT silver... If it's
not, the usual alkali bleach might not work (?),

Judy