Digital Negative Etiology

From: PhotoGecko Austin ^lt;gecko@photogecko.com>
Date: 02/28/05-02:02:27 AM Z

Greetings all,

Just a late night rambling curiosity (. . . but these things matter,
don't they? -- otherwise there would be no OED): Who first (according
to reliable objective sources) came up with the idea of making digital
negatives for contact printing on whatever strata? Can anyone on the
list trace it back. . . . ?

(Note to D.B.: If you claim this you'll need LOTS of witnesses.)

It just occurred to me (while politely cajoling a few transparencies)
that I should know. But I don't have a clue.

Curious minds want to throw.

I hope you are all well and prosperous,
John
John Campbell