Re: Why Winsor & Newton?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/01/05-05:03:34 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> > > Now, Holbein does have one color that no other person makes quite
> > Katharine wrote:
> > > Just so you know, one of the pigments in that paint, basic violet 10, is
> > > fugitive. (The other pigment is PR122, quinacridone magenta).
> >
> > Interesting, but Page gives it 3 stars, her highest rating, saying
> > lightfastness is very good.

And as I was saying in a conversation with Henk last week or so, no one
really knows for sure whether pigments that are fugitive in themselves
are equally fugitive once encased in hardened gum. I assume that the
answer is yes, so I don't use fugitive pigments. But until someone
actually does that fade testing, we're all just guessing; maybe you'll
do those tests, Chris...
Katharine