Re: GENTLE BLEACH

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 06/02/05-04:00:36 PM Z

From: roy beecher <vintage.florals@operamail.com>
Subject: Re: GENTLE BLEACH
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:44:47 +0100

> I was wondering if this formula would be suitable for bleaching back
  inter-positives as part of the process of turning them into
  negatives for contact printing. On another forum a member reports
  having successfully used Kodak Liquid Developer System Cleaner
  obtained on an auction site and diluted, for this purpose.

Interpositive? Umm... I don't think bleaching is generally involved in
that process.

Do you mean reversal processing? If so, that wouldn't work. You'd
need dichromate, permanganate or similar bleach for that. Someone here
(maybe Liam?) suggested sodium sulfide redevelopment followed by
ferricyanide and fix as a way to avoid environmentally harmful bleaches
though the image may not be neutral black.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know