Re: Problem pigment

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/03/05-07:01:50 AM Z

davidhatton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for what it's worth, I've had a similar problem (amongst a myriad
> others)! It almost looks as if the stain has formed the steps and the
> pigment has totally washed off.

David, I can't say what's happening in your case, but in this particular
case, it's not that the pigment (and the gum) has washed off and left a
stain behind. Here, the gum and pigment are very much there, as thick
as ever, but the pigment has just turned this weird color. And perhaps
it wasn't completely apt to call it a stain in that one case where I was
calling it a stain, but I don't know what else to call it, since it
didn't clear off the highlight steps.

No, that's not "how gum is," at least not in my experience.

And I use several other bright reds without anything like this
happening. I think we're probably talking about two different things,
Katharine

This is one of the reasons I've been