Re: results from gum printing with the PDN system

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 06/13/05-06:44:12 PM Z

mmatusz@pdq.net wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Lokks like you are happy with your approach here and exited about the
> results. I will not be able to make it to APIS to see the prints. Would
> it be possible to look at your results on line( or off line email with
> scans). What pigments did you use for your tests? IMO color fidelity is
> the function of pigments used, not so much as tuning each individual
> separation. I am really curious about your results.

Hi All,
I've just downloaded 49 messages from the last few days and am trying to
catch up. I've been staying offline so I could devote my attention to
these pigment tests I've been doing, but it will probably be the end of
the week before I finish, as it's very slow going.

But what I've learned so far is consistent with Marek's assertion that
color fidelity is to a large extent a function of the pigments used, and
more specifically the pigments in combination with each other. So
while I'm glad, Chris, that you're excited about your results, I'm also
curious what pigments you used. It would also be great if we could see
the side by side.
Katharine Thayer