Re: Archival CDs

From: williamsp@netspace.net.au
Date: 06/27/05-06:43:17 PM Z

Quoting Jon Lybrook <jon@terabear.com>:

> Yes, it does appear ATA has taken over as the on-board standard drive
> interface. I'm using IDE, and have for years. But you're right,
> anyone starting would be better served by using a newer convention.
> I'll probably need to transfer to an ATA drive at some point, but
> there's time, so long as I still have several machines that support it.

ATA (PATA) and IDE can be considered synonymous.
I think you probably mean SATA, the new Serial ATA standard, currently
transitioning to SATA2. SATA2 seems to be offering better that SCSI performance
in some applications and configurations.

--
Peter Williams
This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au