Re: What is the most saleable print size?

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 06/29/05-01:58:09 AM Z

This is a difficult question, because each image has its own positioning.
Expansive views can cover a wall, or become an intimate view through a small
window.

I have had personal luck with small, 5X7 and 8X10 contact prints. My 11X14
enlargements from 35mm sell better than my 16X20. I sold many 32X40
computer enlargements, too; but the most profit were from my small
platinum/pladium prints. Both the 4X5 contacts and 5X7 were great sellers.
They sold at auction, they sold in the gallery, they were traded and resold
at great profit.

I think it depends on the picture.

Moreover, how can you take advise when you haven't really described your
subject and medium.

S.