Re: Phenidone in Pyrocat-HD

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 03/04/05-08:12:13 AM Z

Delphine,

The first Pyrocat-HD formula used metol as the
synergism agent, but when I experimented with
phenidone I found that it gave slightly greater
effective film speed and somewhat finer grain.
The difference is very small and many people who
mix their own Pyrocat still use metol. The
substitution of metol gives, based on my own
experience, a slight increase in acutance,
assuming the same type of agitation, but at the
expense of EFS and grain.

Sandy