Re: Home made Lenses ( soft focus )

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 03/04/05-03:35:25 PM Z

I agree that soft focus lenses are unique. Each model seems to do
something different :-)

I had never heard the term "Mechanical" versus "Chemical" focus. I
wonder if the "Chemical" isn't focus shift as you stop down. I've
always focused soft focus lenses ate the F/Stop I was going to shoot at
(I'm not sure where I was taught that).

I've never seen a three element color corrected and coated Veritar! My
10 inch is two single uncoated elements with nothing but space and an
alphax shutter between them. My other Wollensak soft is a longer
Verito. Similar construction, but HUGE. About 4 inches by 7 inches in
size.

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com