Re: How to super harden papers?

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 03/22/05-08:35:51 AM Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
Sent: Mar 22, 2005 5:43 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: How to super harden papers?

I am fixing out some photographic papers for use as carbon final
supports but after fixing and drying the gelatin surface is a little
soft for my specific application, even with the addition of a small
bottle of the potassium alum hardener that comes with Kodak Rapid-Fix.

My thinking is that the gelatin might harden more with the addition
of some formalin or glyoxal to the fixer. Does anyone know if this
might work, and if so, have a general guide as to how much to add per
liter of fixer?

Sandy King

   Why not a suplementary Chrome alum hardener?

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@ix.netcom.com