RE: Salted paper

From: Liam Lawless ^lt;liam.lawless@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: 03/27/05-08:43:24 AM Z

You got this formula from Keepers of Light? If so, it actually specifies 6
grams sodium citrate, not 12 grams. It also says that the gelatin starts to
decompose after several weeks, so that is another possibility. How long was
the interval between sensitising and printing? On some papers you will get
the start of "spontaneous darkening" within a few hours.

Your main problem is *probably* the extra citrate - you need a good excess
of silver over salt. The silver solution is probably OK if you made it with
pure (distilled or deionised) water - it keeps almost indefinitely; the
trouble is most likely due to the salting solution. If you want to try
again with the same solutions, give two coats of silver, the second after
the first is touch-dry. That will improve D-max and contrast.

Liam