Qualitative test for hypo using Kodak HT-2 Hypo estimator

From: V KARTHIK ^lt;savitrika@sify.com>
Date: 05/03/05-03:20:15 AM Z

Hi

I use permawash and selenium toner to archivally process fiber base prints. Recently, I carried out some tests using HT-2 to assess residual hypo.

While there is no tint whatsoever (after a 1 hour final wash in a gravity works print washer)in the wet print, as the print dries, some stain becomes visible.

Now my question is, whether I should assess the hypo levels going by the results on the just processed wet print or do we go by the stain that develops much much later on the dry print ?

Common sense tells me wet or dry, it should not matter...

Will somebody who has some experience in this business help me out ?

Regards and Best wishes,

V. Karthik