Re: odd cyanotype behavior

From: Scott Wainer ^lt;swphoto@verizon.net>
Date: 05/25/05-07:36:54 PM Z

Others may have a better answer for you but I would suspect that it has to
do with the buffering agent in the paper. I have noticed the same thing with
several papers I have and it seems to only happen to papers with calcium
carbonate as a buffering agent in them. Cyanotype, especially New Cyanotype,
likes an acidic paper. You might try soaking the paper in an 1% oxalic acid
bath prior to coating or try adding a few drops of 40% citric acid to each
ml of the sensitizer.

Hope this helps, Scott

swphoto@verizon.net