Re: Winsor & Newton update

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 05/28/05-02:02:08 PM Z

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Katharine Thayer wrote:
>>
>> I just discovered something I hadn't been aware of, since I don't use
>> Winsor & Newton paints, that might be of interest to those of you who
>> do. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but W&N has just this
>> year undergone a major reformulation of their paint line.

CUT

Winsor & Newton was acquired by a larger firm a couple of years ago (I
forget which, but a familiar name corp) and to maximize profits (ie, pay
for the acquisition + bonuses for CEO +trustees) is cutting all but its
best selling colors.

However, it's been 15 years since W&N was paint of choice for gum, at
least in the US, so whatever book that came from, it needs an upgrade.
Try Daniel Smith, which IME is superior (& considerably cheaper gram for
gram) all down the line.

Judy