Re: Winsor & Newton update

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 05/28/05-09:52:15 AM Z

Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Judy Seigel wrote:
> >

> > However, it's been 15 years since W&N was paint of choice for gum, at
> > least in the US, so whatever book that came from, it needs an upgrade.

> ??? I'm not sure what you're referring to here, Judy. I certainly have
> never recommended W&N for gum, nor am I citing any source claiming
> that W&N is the paint of choice for gum.

Since I just got a rather scolding private note from someone who
completely misread this last post of mine, I feel perhaps a
clarification is in order here in case other people also misinterpreted
that post. When I said "I don't know what you're referring to here,
Judy" I simply meant I didn't understand what "book" she was referring
to, since I wasn't quoting any book in my comment. I certainly did NOT
think that Judy was questioning the validity of my earlier comment, nor
did I think that Judy was questioning the wisdom of my pigment choices,
as my private mentor seemed to believe. If this list doesn't beat all
for people thinking you've said something you never said.

Katharine Thayer