Re: Canson FontenAy was Re: Canson Fonteney and gum printing

From: Jean.Daubas ^lt;jean.daubas@wanadoo.fr>
Date: 11/07/05-08:30:52 AM Z

Hi Cor !

1- First , a minor correction about the Canson paper : it's called Fontenay
and not Fonteney.
2- As you noticed, there was no picture for the Canson Fontenay "Fine grain"
in the "vivid colours" link you gave us in your last message; this is normal
because the 2 versions (fine and rough) are not distinct :
Canson Fontenay is a "dual -texture" paper, one rough "cloth" [grain
torchon] side, one fine grain [grain fin] side !

You may find all details on the Canson web-site, both in French and English,
at :
http://www.canson.fr/Distributeurs/Pro.php?lng=en&IDGamme=7&technique=26
or, in French at
http://www.canson.fr/Distributeurs/Pro.php?lng=fr&IDGamme=7&technique=26

I had used Fontenay papers with success for cyanotypes as well as
argyrotypes, mostly using the smoother "fine grain" side and never
encountered any problem with them.

Photographic cheers from France,

jean