RE: plea to chemists

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 11/10/05-10:38:37 PM Z

"such as thiourea", Sepia - Sodium Sulfide...

Chris, I would suspect these as cause for some in a position to be paranoid
to ask questions. Can't Risk Management tell you which compounds they have a
concern with you using?

It might be that individually they are OK, but what about the other things
around your shared work area? What is in the cabinet, or storage area that
other instructors or students use?

Chris, I suspect that they are fearful of letting to many cats out of the
bag. Do you have a set of safety guidelines that clearly spell out what to
do in case someone spills the ????, next to the ???? and how do you contain
it? If you draw these up, I bet they would allow you to continue to teach
your class.
Limit the risks, and you and your students are safe and happy.

EJ Neilsen

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226