RE: plea to chemists

From: Dane Johnson ^lt;danaphoto@ifriendly.com>
Date: 11/11/05-08:47:24 PM Z

Christina,

Try contacting Dr. Robert Chapman through Photo Techniques magazine
(www.phototechmag.com) for some solid chemistry information.
He periodically authors the Photochemistry column for the magazine.

According to the Jan/Feb 2005 issue: Contributing Editor Robert
Chapman holds a Ph.D. in chemistry from Yale University. He has
worked in photo research and development departments of DuPont
and Unicolor, and spent many years exploring the photochemistry
of holography. Currently, he is an independent photochemistry
consultant and a professor at Eastern Michigan University.

Thus, he can probably be contacted either through the editors
of Photo Techniques magazine or Eastern Michigan University.

Good Luck!

Dane Johnson

For the first time since I started teaching Experimental Photography,
Safety
>and Risk Management has more or less told me today that I can
no longer
>teach the mordancage process because of the chance of toxic
gas, etc.

>I have talked with 6 different chemists over the last three
weeks about
>whether toxic gas is released with the process. None of them
have said so.
>But Safety and Risk Management does.
>
>I am NOT pouring glacial acetic acid directly on copper chloride.
Here is