Re: red safe light

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 11/12/05-03:05:22 AM Z

From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
Subject: Re: red safe light
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:32:02 -0500 (EST)

> I was out of the green and black nail polish, so I used the red....

I don't have much experience with red nailpolish, but all but clear
nailpolish are optically pretty dense. My favorite metallic pink one
is not as dense, and also lets some blue light through. I generally
fix the chipped red lacquer with black nail polish.

Among what I tried, Sally Hansen As Hard As Nails gives the best
adhesion.

> It's my understanding, BTW, that any *color* film needs full dark,
> or at most brief green light.

Same is true for non-color films, except orthochromatic films.