RE: what happened to my fix?

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 11/14/05-12:40:32 PM Z

Used film fixer, unlike used paper fixer, typically has a lot of silver in
it. What you are seeing is the silver plating out on the bottle. Is it bad?
Well it could come off and float around in new fixer waiting to scratch, or
otherwise damage your film. There are several mixtures that will bleach it
away. I'd start with a new bottle unless you are attached to that one or you
feel like bleaching it out. You can also convert it to your "old fixer
bottle" and allow it to continue to plate out new batches of old fixer.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301