Re: black vs. color inks and gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/15/05-09:38:32 AM Z

This is interesting, Chris, thanks. I've never done a side-by-side
test as a test, but I've always said that I didn't understand what all
the fuss about negatives was, since I made negatives every which way
before acceptable inkjet printers were developed for photo printing,
and it seemed to me that all the different methods I came up with for
making negatives worked fine.

I had pretty much got bored with making tricolors by the time Epson
developed the first photo inkjet printers, so 99% of my tricolors were
printed from bitmapped color separations, the curve taken from the
silver curve in Dan's first edition, (same curve for all colors)
printed on a 300- and then later a 600- dpi laser printer. I hate to
keep bringing up this same print as an illustration, but I put only a
couple tricolors on my website, since the purpose of my gallery there
was to show the range of different effects gum is capable of rather
than to show off my work, so here it is again:

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/

kt