Re: BL vs BLB tubes for cyanotype

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 11/15/05-03:14:53 PM Z

You might want to run the bulbs for 50-100 hours before doing any
calibration work. My impression is that you get a slight boost in
radiation from brand new tubes that levels off after about 50-100
hours. This may also explain some of the increase in printing speed
you are seeing.

Also, you should also be seeing a very slight increase in contrast
with the BL tubes compared to the BLBs. It won't be much but the
difference could also make a small difference in printing speed.

Sandy