QA SpectroscopeRe: BL vs BLB tubes for cyanotype

From: jude.taylor@comcast.net
Date: 11/17/05-02:42:22 PM Z

Here is a fun little item that might be useful, and it is inexpensive ($7.25). Would it possibly give enough data if you analyzed the light coming through the glass as a comparison? It shows a color band of the light and numbers (I have only looked through one in fun) but no scaled readout like a spectrophotometer.

Description below; to see photo or order go to:

http://www.sciencekit.com and enter 16525-00 in the search box.
*********************
QA Spectroscope

Measure wavelengths of light from 4000 Å to 7000 Å with accuracies of ±50 Å.

The low price means that every student can have one of these spectroscopes, and the laser-produced diffraction grating (which produces excellent results) means that every student will want one.

This hand-held spectroscope is one of our best-selling products partly because it allows students to analyze light in both emission and absorption spectra. The scale is 37 mm long. Developed by Werner Schultz.

Includes: unbreakable plastic case, laboratory suggestions and instructions.

  WW1652500 Spectroscope, Quantitative Analysis (QA) $7.25

JT

--
Judy Rowe Taylor
Mukilteo, WA