repeat for emphasis Re: silver plating

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/18/05-12:34:21 AM Z

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> Judy's post began with "AFAIK," a wrong assumption, and an anecdotal
> "evidence." What she asserted is something I had already said very
> unlikely. She implied that I was wrong; she also changed the subject
> line to indicate the same. It's pretty stupid to publicly start a
> fight against someone with a wrong assumption, especially with a shaky
> anecdote (if not fiction) as the sole basis, but this is what it was,
> and this happens a lot on this list. Should I post a list of alt-fight
> processes, their dates and originators?
>
> Most wise people would stay away from this kind of stuff. Only those
> who had a very bad day would join it.

Sorry folks, I just needed to re-post the part where Ryuji accuses me of
daring to report something *he* said was *unlikely*, even implying that HE
could be wrong. With, of all the nerve, a "shaky anecdote (if not
fiction)", that is, a *lie* -- presumably just to annoy him. The
having-a-bad-day part is claimed by Richard... tho being "pretty stupid to
publicly start a fight with a wrong assumption" could be either (or both)
of us.

For the record, especially for folks whose English is a 2nd or 3rd or even
4th language (and speaking of "wrong assumptions"), an *observation* is
not an *anecdote*, shaky or otherwise, as any dictionary will reveal. My
observation was over a period of years -- not of a constant, but a
*frequent* effect. Hardly a big deal, tho something of a nuisance: The
deposit stuck to the sides of the container, so disposal of the container
became an issue. (But then of course life has many nuisances.)

I meanwhile *observe* that Ryuji's leap to obloquy merits a list award of
its own. Suggested category: "Bratty."

J.