Re: Gum problem(s)

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/19/05-03:20:57 PM Z

Katharine,

I agree with what you write. Two quick comments.

I have see other books on light sensitive systems that contain some
information on dichromate colloids, but none of them are as useful as
Kosar. In writing "one of the standard reference texts" I was
thinking more in terms of light sensitive systems in general rather
than dichromate colloid processes. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I agree with you about the errors. As I suggested (or implied)
in the original message, people who claim to find a lot of errors in
Kosar appear to expect that all of his observations should apply 100%
to gum printing, when in fact Kosar does not write specifically for
gum but for colloid processes in general. For example, everything
that applies to carbon does not apply to gum, and vice-versa.

Sandy