Re: UV Box Heat Fogging?

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 11/22/05-09:10:21 PM Z

>From my experience there are two types of heat fogging that can happen in
gum printing. One is if the darkest parts of the negative (the most heat
absorbing thing in the way of the light) gets hot. This can create a reverse
image, that is the negative will print a negative. The other is by the glass
heating up as more exposures are made which would cause a general fogging. I
have made fuzzy direct positives by exposing gum to infra-red heat lamps
which will heat the negative very effectively.

Jack