RE: UV Box Heat Fogging?

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/23/05-03:48:11 AM Z

Michael, 1" is pretty close indeed. In the other hand, I placed my tubes
3.5cm (~1 3/8") above the frame glass and the tubes are 5.5cm (~2 3/16")
apart each other (center to center, gap between tubes is 2cm) and I don't
experience uneven bands of exposure with this setup (I checked this by
exposing cyanotype - a quite contrasty emulsion - with a blank negative,
exposingfor ~1/3 the standard exposure time, then scanning the print and
boosting the contrast in Photoshop; there wasn't present any pattern
parallel to the tubes). Maybe the problem with the 21-step in the image
http://www.mondotrasho.ca/pages/alt-photo/stepwedges/VDBTern12minTest.jpg is
caused by these facts: your light source may be giving you uneven lighting
either because of 1) too close placement to the frame and/or tubes being too
far apart* or 2) variations in the tubes* - maybe both 1 and 2 together.

Regards,
Loris.