Re: Chromoskedasic Paining (was: Color Images from B/W Paper)

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 11/23/05-08:52:48 PM Z

Grace,
The article was written in Scientific American, Nov 1991, called
Chromoskedasic Painting.

It is similar to POP printing with regular BW paper, Jerry Burchfield's
lumen prints, and I have it in my Experimental Workbook under Sabattier
(chromoskedasic sabattier), under POP, under Painting with Light....

Another place i found it mentioned in research was in Blacklow's text, under
the heading "Chromoskedasic Painting" i think it was.

I would search list archives about POP, and these words.

Ohhh, also a number of articles addressing this by Jolly in Photo Techniques
or whatever the mag used to be called (Darkroom Techniques or Camera and
Darkroom).

There are two methods: one is based on the principle of exposing paper to
light without development, but with fixing, and it is a fascinating process.
Burchfield's.

Lam's method is using chemicals with the process and is the true
chromoskedasic, usually SII and S30 activator and stabilizers. Burchfield's
process just uses light and lots of it, with the added chemistry only being
from the plants exudings. Lam's article in Sci Am does NOT divulge his
secrets. But check Jolly out (and chromoskedasic) online and you will find
current practitioners and advice.

Have fun! Chris