Re: Yellow pigments and Gum problem(s)

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 11/24/05-06:13:53 AM Z

I think I forgot a few words, so I'll try to correct this.

Roman,

this may not be that good of a solution, yes you see better your steps on
the
"enhanced" scanned version but do you see them on paper. That's the real
thing, increasing contrast digitally is easy but IMHO I would think you'd be
better of keeping the curve untouched and I you even make sure the software
you use doesn't do that for you.

This would be like using a densitometer and use a different light source for
each color, you would get numbers allright but what would they mean?

Yves

> this may not that good of a solution, yes you see better your steps on the
> "enhanced" scanned version but do you see them on paper. That's the real
> thing, increasing contrast digitally is easy but IMHO I would think you'd
be
> better of keeping the curve untouched and I you even make sure the
software
> you use doesn't do that for you.
>
> This would be like using a densitometer, using a different light source
for
> each color, you would get numbers but would they mean?
>
> Yves

Newton