RE: Sodium Palladium Chloride for toner

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 11/25/05-02:21:21 AM Z

 Hi Joe, I also was using Clerc's Gold Toner with Vandykes and never
experienced bleaching in the toner (toning begore fixing). Also the color
was warm - gray/black (in the beginning) and almost neutral gray black (in
the end). Maybe you added too much Gold Chloride; IIRC, the formula calls
slightly more thiourea than Gold Chloride (both as solutions). There should
be a reason for that. Please share your experience with fresh toner. BTW,
I'm using KAuCl2 not AuCl3 in the formula (adjusting KAuCl2 weight according
the gram molecule weight difference) because is obtainable for a reasonable
price here in Istanbul (we have many gold platers around Grand Bazaar).

Regards,
Loris.