Re: (Gum) Tonal scale

From: davidhatton ^lt;davidhatton@superonline.com>
Date: 11/28/05-09:31:31 AM Z

Hi Yves,

It's my understanding that at least three exposures are necessary for a
full tonal print. Could be more or less but it goes something like

Highlights :- little pigment + long exposure - say 2 minutes
Mid tones :- More pigment + less exposure - say 1 minute
Shadows :- Max pigment + least exposure - say 30 secs.

Understand this is the principal not necessarily the practice.

Hope this helps

David H