Re: Making Deckled Edges on Water Colour Paper

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 11/28/05-05:55:58 PM Z

I was off line for a couple of days so this is a late response.
I have a heavy steel straightedge that I made by grinding a varying and wavy
edge on one side and leaving the other side straight. I do the usual tear on
the straight edge and make a "deckle" effect with the wavy edge. There is no
perfect copy of a true deckle but the tear made with the wavy steel edge
looks much like the real thing.

Jack