Re: BACK ON TOPIC, I THINK

From: BKPhoto@aol.com
Date: 09/01/05-11:51:16 AM Z

Bob-

I'm not familiar with these scanners but would suggest that you research
their optical dynamic range; which can be impacted by the software. Many glass
plate negatives I've seen have a very high dynamic range; the high values can be
very dense. You'll need a scanner that can successfully capture detail in
those areas. You may want to compare the Epsons, which are very good scanners for
the money, with the Microteks.

Bill Kennedy
Associate Professor of Photocommunications
St. Edward's University
512/448-8680