Re: making regular photo paper POP

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/02/05-04:45:56 PM Z

Gordon,
This is what I learned from Burchfield's book....I always used traditional
BW negs and digital ones, too, but the denser the neg, the better because it
is a low contrast process. Now that I've seen Burchfield's work, I realize
that because the plant forms are so thick, that's why you can get such nice
higher contrast imagery...in otherwords, a Maco Genius neg of really dense
blacks and clears might be the best bet.

Yes you can tone them. The pink color is only with some papers. Terra
cotta and peach with warmtones, etc. etc. as said before. Tone in selenium
or gold...don't have any idea what that'll look like because I've never done
it, just have notes on the toning that came from a listee, maybe Liam if I
remember correctly.

Darryl, that image, for a first try, is darn fun!!! Yes, it'll lighten
dramatically in the fix so my guess is that the exposure has to be so
drastic to accomodate this. Maybe leave one for days without fixing and see
what it does????? Frame it and give it to a friend :) and then after your
sabbatical you can visit it and see the changes.

Ryuji, I have one of those chems and I'm just gonna have to try it, but what
is KOH????
Chris