Re: Making Silver Oxide From Red Devil Lye: Argyrotype

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 09/05/05-12:51:33 PM Z

Etienne, the lye I have on hand is guaranteed 98.5 per cent pure sodium
hydroxide, marketed as an ingredient for making soap. I'll correct myself by
saying it's not Red Devil (I must have been thinking of an old container)
but is labelled (Lessive) Gillett brand. I'm thinking that this must be pure
enough for this intended use.

~m