Re: "speckling" v "staining "

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 09/10/05-01:36:13 PM Z

From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
Subject: Re: "speckling" v "staining "
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:13:46 -0600

> We don't yet have enough "stats" on glut because it is so new--Ryuji
> first proposed it to the list within the last 2 years. I certainly
> don't take credit for glut's introduction as a hardener for gelatin.

Glut is well known to be a good hardener in photographic literature
and I take no credit in this, other than spreading info from
literature and sharing information on how I use it. I was quite
surprised and then fed up with the level of noise, resistance,
unfounded criticisms, personal attacks and so forth seen on this list
when I pushed glut as a superior hardener. BUT Chris should get some
credit because she is the one who showed that glut-hardened gelatin
size worked significantly better for her dichromated gum practice and
described her findings. I'm very glad to see that glut-hardened size
solved some of the problems in her and some others' practice.