(no subject)

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 09/12/05-02:00:46 AM Z

I would like to make a correction to my statement below:

The molecular mass of ammonium dichromate is ~ 294, potassium dichromate
is ~ 252.

So, you have to use 294 / 252 = 16.6% more ammonium dichromate in order
to have a solution that has the same amnt. of dichromate ions as
potassium dichromate.

In other words, if you were using a 13% pot. di. solution, then you
have to mix a 13 x 1.16 ~= 15% soln. of amm. di. to have equivalent
amnt. of dichromate ions in solution (= exactly same contrast
character).

Anyway, I'm not sure one could tell the difference between the working
character of 13% amm. di. and 15% amm. di. So, you can also choose to
mix your amm. di. according the not-exactly-correct explanation below to
keep things a little bit simplier.

Hope this helps,
Loris.