Re: adam needs a printer

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 09/12/05-08:03:40 PM Z

I just posted an article at www.alternativephotography.com on a
slightly different color approach to use for determining an optimal
UV blocking color. The link is here:

http://www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art056.html

Basically, it allows for the use of black ink along with the color. I
use a ternary diagram to determine the optimal ratio of color
pigments in RGB space to block the most UV light, then maintain the
ratio but change the saturaion to allow more or less UV light to be
blocked. It will allow one more-or-less correct curve to work for
processes with different target density ranges.

  It lies somewhere between 'precise' and 'cookie-cutter'.

I call it 'close-enough'. It should be easily adaptable to any color
printer.

Feedback will be appreciated.

Clay