Re: Harmon's Ternary Method

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 09/13/05-09:14:47 AM Z

Just to clarify. I only need to do the ternary graph procedure once for each
printer I want to calibrate. Then once I've got the colour ratio for the
printer I create a posterized step strip to determine what target density
range I'm after. Do I need to create my own curve (one for each printer) or
can I use the one you have included on the web page on any printer. How did
you arrive at that curve? Would the curve not also differ between printers?
Also, you mentioned you used a densitometer but that you also used a printed
copy. Was this to determine the curve or the density range?

~m