Re: storing sized paper

From: Kerik ^lt;kerik@kerik.com>
Date: 09/14/05-11:52:38 AM Z

> I am sizing Rives BFK with gelatin and hardening with glyoxal.
>
> My questions are:
>
> How long can sized and hardened paper be stored?

I've stored formaldehyde-hardened sized paper for many months with no
problems.

> How should it be stored? In sealed bags or open to the air?

I don't think it matters. I've stored it both ways with no noticable
difference.

> Is outgassing an issue with glyoxal hardened paper?

I would be more concerned with the glyoxal hardener causing yellowing over
time. I've read that soaking the sized/hardened paper in water will
prevent the yellowing, but I've not tried this myself. I've NEVER had any
yellowing problems with formaldehyde hardener.

Kerik