RE: slightly off topic - old film size inquiry for contact negs

From: D. Mark Andrews ^lt;mark@dragonbones.com>
Date: 09/17/05-07:43:35 PM Z

Judy,

I think J&C sells what you are seeking: http://www.jandcphotography.com/.

-----Original Message-----
From: jude.taylor@comcast.net [mailto:jude.taylor@comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:24 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: slightly off topic - old film size inquiry for contact negs

Hello All,

If this is too off topic, please just delete and forgive; but if you know
the answer to my question, please answer off list first then
delete..smiles... :-) :-) :-) and forgive. The question does regard making
negatives for contact printing with alt processes.

I am asking here because this list has an international audiance and I was
once told that the film I seek might still be available in Poland...but I
lost contact with that original source, so here goes....

I have two Voigtlander Avus cameras (1914-1927); one is complete with ground
glass, film pack holder with some leftover old film, and 4 sheet film
holders. The sheet holders say Kodak Cut Film Sheath 31/4 x 4 1/4. If I
fugured correctly, that is a bit more than 8 cm x 10.5 cm. the velvet on
the holders looks pretty good, so I think they will be light tight. The
gentleman I purchased the first camera from 3 years ago said the film packs
were still available in Poland; however, as I mentioned above, I lost
contact with him. My other option is to cut sheet film to fit the holders.
I would rather do this than alter the camera in any way (except maybe the
one that is less complete, but it is actually the older of the two).

Anyone know if this odd size film is available anywhere? If so, some in
camera negs will be a nice change from using only diginegs enlarged from
35mm film!

Thanks,
Judy

--