Re: Post Factory

From: Etienne Garbaux ^lt;photographeur@softhome.net>
Date: 09/20/05-12:12:31 PM Z

Judy wrote:

MUCH good content snipped...

> And I assume that approximately 450 pages of closely packed text are NOT
> so easily whisked into PDF

IF you were so inclined, and I'm not suggesting that you should be, this
should be easy given one sacrificial set. The bound edge could be trimmed
off in a multi-page trimmer (like a Martin-Yale 7000E) and then the sheets
could be fed through a sheet-fed scanner. The copier/scanners at work
would take about 5 minutes per issue. Alternatively, if the pages were
composed electronically (in PageMaker, Quark, Word, or equivalent), they
could be converted straight to .pdf electronically, either with Acrobat or
one of the free .pdf writers.

> and don't see any particular reason to do so....

Again, I'm not saying you should. You made all good points about the value
of information, and I, for one, was more than happy to pay the asking price
for my copies.

Best regards,

etienne