Re: Lumen prints gallery

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 09/27/05-02:32:29 PM Z

Michael,
Gold and platinum toning for the silver halide printout processes is done
before fixing. This includes salted paper, albumen, POP papers, etc. I
believe if you try a selenium toner at this point(before fixing) it would
turn the paper uniform black.
Selenium toner can be tried after fixing and washing. You can also try gold
toner at that point. Hoever gold toning toning is not as effective, because
part of the silver is gone, dissolved by the fixer and also typical gold
toners are very sensitive to traces of fixer. Unless the print is washed out
completely free of traces of the fixer you will ruin your gold toner, before
any toning action would take place.
My fixer strength is about 2 to 5%. I do not mix it very carefully to tell
you the exact concentration.
Hope you come up with some excitining prints
Marek, Houston