Re: RLF COMPARISON / new night photo site

From: Raven Weiss ^lt;ravenweiss@yahoo.com>
Date: 09/29/05-10:51:53 AM Z

Hello Agustin,

Oh, Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Yes, I try to overexpose the shadows in all my night images. However, this requires very long exposure times, which is dangerous at night in some urban settings. Or, in the desert when the Border Patrol comes to question me (and shine their headlights into my camera lens). Since I don't want to open the aperature and lose depth of field, I have other methods to gain shadow detail.

Therefore, I choose to handle the problem by picking a film with fairly low reciprocity failure and then use compensating developers (PMK derivatives) and conditions.

I hope that helps,
Mike
www.ExposeTheShadows.com

Agustin Barrutia <abarrutia@gmail.com> wrote:
Mike,
        Pardon for my english, what I wanted to ask was wich EI do you use with your film, the manufacturer rating? As soon as I saw the images I thought you might overexpose for shadow detail.

Thanks

Agustin Barrutia.