Re: shadow density in zone III highlight density in the erogenous zone

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/29/05-03:28:57 PM Z

Sandy,

Good Points.

Not to take the thread off in another direction, but I would like to add one
other point. If you are planning on scanning your negatives, or use them for
both contact printing and scanning, then perhaps it is best to take into
account the capabilities of your scanner. Some scanners just don't do well with
really dense negatives. If you can get a good scan of the entire density
range of the negative, then you are in great shape—you can then match the density
range of the digital negative to just about whatever exposure scale you want
to use with the alternative process.

Another note on subject brightness range and shooting digital. It is common
to blow out the highlights with digital cameras. I have noticed with the
camera that I am currently using, by using a higher F-Stop and longer exposure
time I can compress a high subject brightness range to fit.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com