Re: shadow density in zone III

From: Louis de Stoutz ^lt;loudest@attglobal.net>
Date: 09/30/05-05:56:22 PM Z

Sandy King wrote:

> What
> difference does it make if that is done with a negative that has a DR of
> 1.9 or 3.5? Is there some visual superiority to a print made from a
> negative with a DR of 3.0 as opposed to one made with a negative with a
> DR of 2.0?

I may be totally wrong, but isn't there something like "resolution" on
the density scale too? Which means that the neg with a high DR would
have a better value-separation than the flat one, and thus would
transmit more and better quality information to the positive material?

Interesting thread. I'm glad conventional silver photography is little
by little moving into the "alt" domain. Allows for less list-hopping :-)

Louis